He never crossed an ocean but krishnamacharyas yoga has spread through europe asia and the americas today its difficult to find an asana tradition he hasnt influenced. Sri tirumalai krishnamacharya the father of modern yoga demonstrating the practices of yoga in 1938 at the age of 50 hanuman chalisa by bhagavan das. One of chennais most well known yoga landmarks is krishnamacharya yoga mandiram kym established by tkv desikachar in 1976 as a non profit public charitable trust kym is among the premier centres of yoga and yoga therapy in india. During that time krishnamacharya had three prominent students who would go on to play pivotal roles in popularizing yoga in the west k pattabhi jois was a devoted long time student whose vigorous ashtanga style of asana was closely based on krishnamacharyas teachings modern ashtanga is the best window we have into krishnamacharyas yoga
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.